Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine (craft)

This week I made Valentines for my daughter's Pre-K class. I got part of the idea from a post on Pinterest. (Don't you just love that site?) I didn't want to focus on candy so, I focused on something else I know they like... which is coloring. I think they turned out pretty cute. They were also very easy to make. 

First, I found this really cute Wilton mold tray at Wal-mart.



I then went through my daughter's huge box of broken crayons and peeled the wrappers off.



Next, I used a knife and chopped them into little pieces. 
*The peeling and chopping are what took up the most time * 
Finally, I put different pieces of crayon into each little form .


*Oh, I also covered the tray with non stick spray before filling with the crayon pieces*
I then put the tray on a pan and baked at 230 degrees for 15 minutes. 
Once they had finished baking, I let them cool in the tray for about 10 minutes.
Here is what they look like after cooling. Pretty cute, Huh? 


I then used my Cricut to cut out the shape of a heart.
Once they were finished, I used a stamp pad to make a "thumb" print on the heart.
I used a Sharpee to draw a face, arms and legs on the print.
I then wrote "(Thumb)body wants you to have a "colorful" Valentine's Day.


Finally, I put two of the Crayon people in a  plastic treat bag, tied it with a twist tie, then punched a hole through each heart, and used ribbon to tie the heart to the bag.  Voila! 
Cute Valentine's Day card/gift without the candy. 

*Now, all my daughter needs to do is sign each one. :) *

Here is the site which gave me half of my inspiration :
1. The (Thumb)body idea came from brownpaper--packages.com
So cute!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dillie Bear

Dillie Bear

bastyan

bastyan

Zebastyan

Zebastyan