Monday, July 18, 2011

We're back... after 22 days of travel and vacation we are back home. We had a great trip this year. I always love visiting my parents and especially spending time with my mom. I wish we lived closer to them. It is always sad to say goodbye, but I must admit it is nice to be back in a routine again. I am also excited to be back online. The break was nice...and I know, I could've gone to the nearest Barnes and Noble or McDonalds for free WiFi access, but I have been too crazy with all the contests, twitter parties, and giveaways lately, that I needed to make myself stop. The break was nice.
We did so much!! Our first stint was a couple of days in Louisiana. Then we drove the over 1200 mile trip to NC. We did the beach a lot, ate out...a lot, shopped...a lot, got bit by misquitoes...A LOT! It was nice to just laugh, relax and have a great time. We bought this huge bubble wand and the kids loved it. It really did make the most amazing bubbles. We also visited the Maritime Museum in Beaufort, NC and I learned about my Great Great Grandfather who was a captain of a Menhaden ship. I also had my very first spa day. It too was so nice. I was able to treat my mom, myself, and my daughter to a manicure and pedicure. My daughter loved it. It was so cute seeing her in the chair. She was just grinning like the Chesire cat the whole time. My parents also did a birthday cake and presents for both of the kids since they don't get to see them on their actual birthdays.
Oh and did I mention how awesome my hubby is?...He bought me my first smartphone...an iPhone 4. I love it but, I am still slow at using it. Oh well practice makes perfect right...or atleast faster!
I have included some highlight pictures below. It all went by so fast. We are already planning next year's vacation. Can you say "It's a small world after all?"

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back home! Glad to have you back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Dillie Bear

Dillie Bear

bastyan

bastyan

Zebastyan

Zebastyan